At Twin Oaks, we have a comprehensive program that incorporates the whole child…. physically and mentally. We use a broad methodology that focuses on a student-centered learning approach. We apply differentiated instruction to capitalize on a child’s strengths. We incorporate the following into our curriculum:
- Focusing on meanings in reading
- Expressive language development
- Expression of ideas through written text
- Integration of literacy in all academic areas (science, social studies, math)
- Math conceptualization
- Culturally diversified literature
- Reading instruction that includes phonics-based learning with a whole language approach to comprehension and sight word recognition.
- Movement and Music to complement instruction
One of our goals is to ensure an effective learning environment embracing all the differences in ability.